After you’ve overcome an addiction, it can be hard to not to let it take over your life once again. Here are a few tips that can help you stay clean after recovery:
- Make new friends.
- Reach out to your support system.
- Stay away from friends and locations (bars, clubs, etc.) that might cause you to start using again.
- If applicable, take your medication regularly.
- Avoid stressors or find other ways to relieve your stress.
- Distract yourself with other things.
- Return to rehab if the urges get to be too much.